Of course, on the days when you’re out on the wilderness expedition, the schedule varies based on whatever the adventure brings, but your typical experience in the residential portion of your stay is pretty predictable no matter what treatment center you spend time in.
For instance, you can expect some variation of this structure-creating schedule:
- 7:00 AM – Wake Up
- 8:00 AM – Breakfast
- 8:30 AM – Chores
- 9:00 AM – Morning Meditation
- 10:00 AM – Psycho-Educational Lecture
- 10:45 AM – Group Therapy
- 12:00 AM – Lunch
- 1:30 PM – Individual Counseling
- 2:30 PM – Step Group Therapy
- 3:45 PM – Individual Counseling
- 4:00 PM – Psycho-Educational Lecture
- 4:45 PM – Free Time
- 5:30 PM – Dinner
- 7:00 PM – Free Time
- 7:30 PM – Off-Site Meetings
- 8:45 PM – Free TIme
- 10:00 PM – In-Cabin Winddown
- 11:00 PM – Lights Out
Now, this will change depending on the day of the week but only in activity. Sometimes, Group Therapy may be Vocational Work Therapy, creating a great work ethic and beautifying the treatment center area. This may extend for hours on Thursday or Friday. On some nights, there may be no off-site meetings such as Alcoholics or Narcotics Anonymous. There may be personal Big Book Study time or an on-site speaker may teach.
- Don’t forget to check out our directory that covers every state, such as Oklahoma.
The key to such a tightly structured schedule is to create predictability, which so many of us lacked growing up, to reduce anxiety, and to keep us busy to reduce depression, laziness, or idle troubles. This is proven to work very well. All time is focused on self-improvement and gaining insight into our personal problems, and ultimately overcoming them!